Friday, 22 June 2018
Point-Of-Care Testing (POCT)
Purpose of-care testing (POCT) is fundamental for the fast location of analytes close to the patient, which encourages better sickness analysis, observing, and administration. It empowers snappy therapeutic choices, as the sicknesses can be analysed at a beginning period, prompting enhanced wellbeing results for patients by empowering the solid start of treatment. The worldwide POCT showcase is required to develop from US$ 23.16 of every 2016 to US$ 36.96 billion of every 2021 at the compound annual growthrate (CAGR) of 9.8% from 2016 to 2021.
Using a remote system and PC, nurses in numerous hospitals would now be able to get to and get a wide cluster of data ideal from the patient's room. The biosensor is the most critical component of POCT and is directly responsible for the bioanalytical performance of an assay. Several prospective label-free biosensors, such as electrochemical, surface plasmon resonance (SPR), white light reflectance spectroscopy (WLRS), etc., have been developed, and are being used for improved POCT. Complementary technologies, e.g., microfluidics, lab-on-a-chip technologies, system integration, device automation, and signal readout, are providing the desired impetus for continuous improvements in POCT.
Advantages of POCT:
1. It creates advances in technology and research
· Without this model of health there would be little known about how to treat and diagnose illness
2. Many common and severe problem can be effectively treated
· Diseases that would otherwise develop and cause considerable illness or death can be stopped
3. Extends life expectancy
4. Improves quality of life
Disadvantages of POCT:
1. Relies on Professional health workers and technology and is therefore costly
· Professionals with specialist knowledge needed are expensive to train
· Technology, equipment and technological developments expensive
2. Not every condition can be treated
3. Not always affordable
Evaluation of the Application of Critical Thinking Skills of Students in the Context of Nursing Process in the College of Nursing of a Private University
Dr. Gracila V. Ucag-Decena Philippines Statement of the Problem : This study aimed to evaluate the application of critical ...
Asma Hussein Rammal Nursing Director at Madina National Hospital in Saudi Arabia Quality in decision-making is very crucial i...
With a great support from our Collaborators and Organizing Committee, PULSUS Conferences successfully completed the “ World Nursing Educat...
The Pediatric nursing is the science of child care and scientific treatment of childhood. This branch of medical science deals with...